It's taken me all month to stitch up this little 20" quilt for a challenge from
You see, I'm a very slow stitcher...
The Challenge: Friendship Star
- Each final project should read predominantly as one color in the spectrum: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, or violet. You may not use the same color as you used in a previous challenge.
- A ROYGBIV hand-dyed color bundle of fabric must be purchased from Cherrywood Fabrics.
- You must use ONE fabric from the ROYGBIV challenge bundle in each quilt which should correspond with the color you want your quilt to ‘read’.
- Any other fabrics from your stash may be added.
- You must use the month's block as your inspiration.
- Quilts must finish 20” square.
- Share the story behind your quilt and how the block ‘Friendship Star’ was the inspiration.
- Your quilt must have a name.
- Pictures of your FINISHED 20” square quilts must be LINKED UP by 11:55pm CST on Tuesday, June 30th
When the challenge was announce it made me think of all the wonderful friendships I have made through quilting and blogging. That was my inspiration along with the theme I had last month with the monkey wrench. I wanted to incorporate a tool and shining a flashlight felt right.
I hand embroidered the world map while trying to make it look like the star was shining on it.
Here is a picture of my May and June challenges.
"Light Up the World with Friendship"
A Focus Through the Prism Project QUILTING Challenge, June
Made by Carla in Dodge City, Kansas
Prism color: Yellow from the ROYGBIV fabric bundle by Cherrywood Fabrics
Piecing and reverse applique
Quilting- stippling by me on my domestic machine