I've been TAGGED. Sylvia at Sylvia's Stitches has tagged me to play along. I haven't been tagged before, so I'll give it a try.
Here are the rules:
- every tagged person has to tell 11 things about themselves
- the person who tagged you asked 11 questions, answer them
- ask 11 questions for the 11 blogs you're going to tag (the people you tag should have less than 200 followers)
- mention the blog that tagged you, but don't tag them back.
Let's get started: 11 things about me
- I live in Dodge City, Kansas. Yes we drive cars, not covered wagons.
- I have lived in Kansas most of my life and am very happy about it. The middle of the United States is a great place to be.
- My husband is my best friend and I love him so much. We have been married 14 years.
- We have a daughter (25) and a son (22). They are the joy in our lives. (I could go on and on here about how smart and giving and loving and creative and pretty and handsome they are, but I'll save that for another time.)
- My family lives mainly in Kansas and Oklahoma. I'm the oldest of 3 children and I have step siblings too.
- I have been a hairstylist for 23 years. Hair is such a great art form. I've worked with some of my friends for over 22 years and they are like family.
- I've been sewing since I was in middle school. My mom and grandmother were my inspirations. Sewing of any sort is my hobby of choice.
- I like to be organized and I cannot function in clutter. (stole this one from Sylvia)
- My husband and I bought a cabin in the country two years ago and will be here the rest of our lives. We love it so much.
- I have a love, hate relationship with running. How can something that hurts so much, make you feel so good. I like to run 5K races. I try to run at least 3 times a week.
- I played volleyball in college and am a sports fan. I'm still hung over from lack of sleep during the Olympics.
Now here are the 11 questions I got asked:
- What time of the day or evening do you do most of your crafting? I usually don't have a certain time of day, it's mainly only weekends. I work 12 hour days so it's not really possible to do much else on those days.
- If money was not a concern, what would be the next machine or toy you would buy for your craft? No question, the Berinina 830 sewing machine. I want a quilting rack to hold it also.
- How long have you lived in your current city? I have lived here 2 years. I lived 30 miles away before.
- How many states and/or countries have you resided in? 3 states. Pennsylvania (born), Oklahoma (3 years), Kansas (the rest) lol
- Do you have any pets? What kind? My girls, 2 sweet dogs. Deogie (black lab/healer mix) and Mollie (irish setter)
- What is your favorite TV show? My favorite show just had it's last season - Weeds. It was so funny. The states of Colorado and Washington must have watched it too.
- Do you prefer to read a physical book on use an e-reader device like a Kindle? I haven't read one on a device, but I think I would be ok with it. A lot of my friends have enjoyed reading "Fifty Shades of Grey" on their devices so no one knew what they were reading. funny.
- Where is your favorite place to vacation? Las Vegas where it is warm and fun. I love to take my early morning run down the strip. So many funny scenes at 6 am in Vegas.
- Do you prefer to dine-in or go out to eat? I prefer to eat at home if I don't have to cook it or clean it up. Pick it up and eat it at home.
- What is your favorite recipe you like to prepare? Spaghetti sauce. It always reminds me of good family times and my mom.
- What did you eat for breakfast? You caught me on an odd day. Eggs and sausage was today's breakfast. Usually I have dried fruit and nuts. Always have COFFEE.
Now here are the questions I want to ask the blogs I tag:
How many pets do you have?
- What is your favorite city to visit?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- What is your favorite place to link up?
- What crafting project would you tackle if time and money was no issue?
- What machine or toy would you buy for your craft if money was not concern?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What was your best flea market or bargain find?
- What is your favorite season?
- Do you like to garden?
- What inspired you to start blogging?
Blogs I tagged:
Sew Scrappy Quilts
PBJ Quilt Sandwiches
A Frustrated Quilter
Cut'n It Up...And Sewing It Back Together!
Purple Panda Quilts
This is a fun way to learn something new about our blogging friends. I'm looking forward to reading their responses.