Well, hello there. I am still here and ready to start entertaining you again.
Sorry for the absence.
My real job (hair styling) has really been keeping me busy. (Which is super fantastic!!)
But, oh how I've missed this creative outlet.
I have been keeping up with
and have finished July's challenge: Log Cabin
The Challenge: Log Cabin
- Each final project should read predominantly as one color in the spectrum: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, or violet. You may not use the same color as you used in a previous challenge.
- A ROYGBIV hand-dyed color bundle of fabric must be purchased from Cherrywood Fabrics.
- You must use ONE fabric from the ROYGBIV challenge bundle in each quilt which should correspond with the color you want your quilt to ‘read’.
- Any other fabrics from your stash may be added.
- You must use the month's block as your inspiration.
- Quilts must finish 20” square.
- Share the story behind your quilt and how the block ‘Log Cabin’ was the inspiration.
- Your quilt must have a name.
- Pictures of your FINISHED 20” square quilts must be LINKED UP by 10:55pm CST on Friday, July 31st.
I you know me, you have witnessed my play on words many times. I just love it. "Sawing Logs" incorporates the traditional pieced log cabin block with appliqued "pieces" of logs falling to the bottom of the quilt once they've been sawed off. The middle square, "dream," plays right along with the name.
The quilting is a mix of wood grain on the logs and a stippling design with zzz's. Again I'm playing on the "sawing logs" theme. That's just how I roll...lol
Here is a picture of my May- "Righty Tighty," June-"Light Through Friendship," and July- "Sawing Logs" challenge quilts.
A Focus Through the Prism Project QUILTING Challenge, July
Made by Carla in Dodge City, Kansas
Prism color: Green from the ROYGBIV fabric bundle by Cherrywood Fabrics
Piecing and applique
Quilting- stippling and wood grain quilting by me on my domestic machine
It's unbelievable but I have over a week before the next challenge is announced. Maybe I'll go catch up on some swap blocks. I do have a big quilt in the works, but that is a secret until September.
Don't you hate secrets...
I do, so here is what I'm working on:
This is going to be such fun. There are going to be SO many giveaways, not to mention free patterns for the rows.
(I've seen the rows and they are awesome!!!)
The list of prizes keeps growing so you won't want to miss this. Plan to sew (row) along with the designers in September.